Start your own Tarot Readings with these great decks for beginners!
1. Universal Waite Tarot -This classic deck is among the easiest to learn on with its solid yet beautiful illustrations rich with symbolism.
2. Rider Waite Tarot - Another traditional, colorful deck that is commonly used by readers everywhere.
3. The New Mythic Tarot - My personal favorite and what I typically do my readings with. This deck brings the stories to life with its artistic illustration of Greek Mythological gods and goddesses and deeper depictions of The Hero's Journey
4. Gilded Tarot- These cards have rich color and atmospheric images giving the deck a very mystical feel.
Wondering how to pick the perfect deck to learn with? Here are a few helpful tips...
- It is best to start with a deck that clearly depicts commonly known tarot suits and symbols. You should clearly see on each of the minor arcana cards images such as cups, swords, wands or clubs, and pentacles or coins.
- It is helpful to start with a deck that illustrates human figures. These illustrations help us to connect with aspects of the human journey as well as human traits such as masculine and feminine qualities, age, and personality.
- Select cards with variant and vivid colors in both the background and foreground. Color helps in understanding concepts of season, day & night, and emotional states.
- Be sure all of the major and minor arcana cards contain headings that you can clearly understand (ie 4 of Cups rather than IV water)
- Avoid decks with overly complicated illustrations or busy symbolism.
- Last but not least...Make sure the cards speak to you! Picking a deck is personal and I advise to select your own deck. When we can connect personally to the images our intuitive abilities are heightened!
There are plenty of amazing Tarot decks to choose from!